On this day some 29 years ago, The Boy made his debut in this world. He didn’t come in tap dancing or wearing a fedora, but I still think it was a milestone. So let’s take a look at what exactly makes The Boy tick:
- He loves movies…and when I say he loves movies, I mean he LOVES movies. So much so, he created a blog where he can ramble…I mean discuss his love of film.
- He didn’t always wear hats. It wasn’t until a woman told him he could carry off a fedora that he placed his first chapeau atop his head. I think it was because he was trying to get her into bed. Whatevs…
- He loves Batman…a LOT (please see the cake candle above).
- He’s a kick ass uncle. His nephew is hilarious and The Boy seems to thrive when the two get together to play.
- He’s VERY handy…he made our fucking dining room table!! I want him to make a bookshelf in the shape of a TARDIS. He keeps pretending he can’t hear me.
- He doesn’t like mushrooms…or sushi. It’s a texture thing he claims. I think he’s a loon.
- He makes our cats talk…and most recently recite very bad poetry related to noms.
- He’s a huge Kurosawa fan. And he loves nothing more than to introduce others to Kurosawa’s body of work.
- It takes a LOT to get him angry. Believe me, I’ve tried.
- He’s got the most beautiful eyes I think I’ve ever seen. And he uses them to his advantage (oh yeah, I’m on to you).
- He’s a very patient, level headed driver…even in DC.
- He has a thing for cool, out of the ordinary t-shirts. Like this one.
- People assume he enjoys a bit of the herbal refreshment (if you get my drift) because he’s so laid back. He doesn’t…he’s just cool like that.
- He’s hands down one of the nicest, sweetest guys you will ever meet.
One last thing that makes him tick? He LOVES bananas…so much so, it’s almost…well bananas. So when Nikki Rappaport made banana cupcakes for the Bake Sale for Haiti, I knew what I was going to make him for his birthday. As luck would have it, Nikki’s boyfriend is also a banana fiend and she made him a banana layer cake with cream cheese frosting for his birthday. She gave me the link to the recipe and told me he would love it. She was dead on. I made the cake for The Boy on Saturday and he went…well bananas.
So this post is for you, my sweet, sweet Boy. Happy Birthday and thank you for being the most kick ass partner a girl could ever have.Print This Recipe